Marva Dawn has an insider's view of the many spiritual,
intellectual, emotional, social, and physical difficulties
encountered by people with chronic illness and disabilities. She
knows from experience how to nurture hope in spite of
infirmity.Filled with insight and practical help, each chapter of
Being Well When We're Ill focuses on one particular kind of
struggle, such as worry, guilt, the loss of meaning, or the loss of
confidence and trust that God is present and personally loving.
Each chapter details one or more appropriate ''finds'' - spiritual
resources, emotional supports, intellectual answers, or practical
solutions - that enable a person with infirmities to persevere
through them and to be well in spite of them.For each issue she
explores, such as loss of dreams, loneliness, physical pain,
depression, ingratitude, side effects and more, Dawn includes
discussions of biblical texts - not only texts that help lament
losses but texts that bring wholeness. Readers will find themselves
companioned in their sufferings and encouraged with new ways to
Stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock ETA 4-6 weeks’ are available on Backorder and will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.