Grasping God's Word has proven itself in classrooms across the
country as an invaluable help to students who want to learn how to
read, interpret, and apply the Bible for themselves. The third
edition, revised based on feedback from professors, will continue
to serve college-level students and lay learners well in their
quest to gain a firm grasp on the rock of God's word. Old Testament
scholar J. Daniel Hays and New Testament expert J. Scott Duvall
provide practical, hands-on exercises to guide students through the
interpretive process. To emphasize the Bible's redemptive arc and
encourage correlation across the canon, the authors have included a
call to 'cross into the rest of Scripture' as an additional step in
the Interpretive Journey. This edition has also been rearranged for
clarity and includes updated illustrations, appendices,
bibliography, and assignments. A website for professors offers
extensive teaching materials, and an accompanying revised workbook
(Grasping God's Word Workbook---sold separately) gives students
additional practice in reading and interpreting the Bible.
||J S Duvall & J D Hays
||Replaced by New Edition
Available items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
Out of stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock, arrival __+ weeks’ are available on Backorder and are either already on order from the publisher or will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.