The thrilling story of one boy's quest to find his father and
protect his younger sister during the great Dutch famine of World
War II. "Sometimes you have to take a chance, because it's the only
chance you have." Thirteen-year-old Dirk has been the man of the
house since his papa disappeared while fighting against the Nazis
with the Dutch Resistance. When the Gestapo arrests Dirk's older
sister, who is also a Resistance fighter, Dirk fears that he and
his little sister, Anna, might be next. With only pockets full of
food and his sister asleep in his arms, Dirk runs away to find his
father. As Dirk leads Anna across the war-torn Netherlands, from
farmyards to work camps, he must rely on his wits and his father's
teaching to find his way.
Available items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
Out of stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock, arrival __+ weeks’ are available on Backorder and are either already on order from the publisher or will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.