Many looked on Gladys Aylward's expedition to mainland China as
foolhardy and dangerous. It was on her own, as a single female she
carried her passport and other documents along with the only money
and belongings that she had in a small briefcase with a teapot and
a saucepan tied to the handle.After having purchased her one-way
ticket to China she left the United Kingdom with a single-minded
determination to do what God had commanded her to. She knew she was
meant to go to China - even if no mission was prepared to support
her.Unconventional is the only way to describe this journey to the
country that would eventually become her home. A theme that would
continue throughout her mission work in China where she thwarted
authorities, became involved in the Chinese resistance and rescued
over 100 children from the invading Japanese army.
Stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock ETA 4-6 weeks’ are available on Backorder and will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.