When Darcie and Walter Goodwin hear of a new cholera epidemic
sweeping the area, they join the Shakers whose villages seem immune
to the disease. It's meant to be a temporary stay, but Walter is
killed in a riverboat accident. With no family and no money, Darcie
has little choice but to stay with the Shakers. To complicate
matters, she is expecting a baby conceived before she and her
husband came to the Shaker village. Marital relationships are
considered sinful in this celibate community, putting Darcie in a
unique--and lonely--position. Can the arrival of widower Flynn
Keller and his headstrong daughter offer Darcie the hope of
happiness . . . and family? Ann H. Gabhart returns to the enigmatic
world of the Shakers in this emotional exploration of the power of
love and the bond of family.
Stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock ETA 4-6 weeks’ are available on Backorder and will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.