Would you like to work at a place where we help people make positive changes through engagement with the Bible?
At Manna Christian Stores, our mission is to help make the Bible accessible to everyone and encourage interaction with it. Bring your skills and passion into a work that makes a difference in other people’s lives through the Bible.
Mission Partner – Bequests, Major Gifts Specialist
We might be one of New Zealand’s oldest charities, but we believe the best is yet to come!
Bible Society is New Zealand’s premier supplier of Bibles and Christian resources through its Bible engagement programmes and its Manna Christian Stores chain. Bible Society partners with donors to support Bible mission in New Zealand and around the world.
We are looking to appoint a part time, fixed term (20 hours a week, for 12 months) Mission Partner to run our Bequests and Major Gifts programme, helping build the investment that will make that best future possible.
Ideally you will be a proven and experienced Bequest and Major Gifts fundraiser with a track record of identifying and building successful relationships with existing and prospective high value donors, in a faith based or aligned environment and have experience with Razors Edge CRM.
This role is part event manager, part relationship manager, and wholly an advocate for Bible Society’s mission. Your job will be to work with our supporters and other interested people to explain and encourage bequest and legacy giving, including arranging and hosting supporter events.
To be right for the role you will:
- Have relevant experience, including Razors Edge CRM.
- Be organised – able to arrange gatherings for supporters and provide an informative and engaging programme.
- Be relational – willing to follow up people who want to know more about bequests and major gifts.
- Demonstrate empathy – able to hold sensitive conversations with potential givers, and with their families when that time comes.
- Be a good communicator – able to write, produce and publish communications and information about giving in wills (with a little help from our marketing team).
- Be able to travel around New Zealand and to stay away from home when required.
- Show enthusiasm – about the fact the Bible Society has been helping change lives for good for 175 years!
This is a part time, fixed term (20 hours per week, for 12 months) salaried position based in Manukau, Auckland.
To be considered for this role you must be currently living in and legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
To find out more and to apply, request a job description and application questionnaire from Jeanine at [email protected]