"Contemporary preaching suffers from a loss of confidence in the
power of the Word, from an infatuation with technology, from an
embarrassment before the biblical text, from an evacuation of
biblical content, from a focus on felt needs, from an absence of
gospel." Preaching, the practice of publicly expositing the Bible,
has fallen on hard times. How did this happen? After all, as John
A. Broadus famously remarked, "Preaching is characteristic of
Christianity." In this powerful book, He Is Not Silent: Preaching
in a Postmodern World, R. Albert Mohler Jr. shows us how. In a
style both commanding and encouraging, Mohler lays the groundwork
for preaching, fans the flame on the glory of preaching, and calls
out with an urgent need for preaching. This message is desperately
needed yet not often heard. Whether you're concerned or enthused by
the state of the church today, join Mohler as he examines preaching
and why the church can't survive without it.
Available items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
Out of stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock, arrival __+ weeks’ are available on Backorder and are either already on order from the publisher or will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.