What does Jesus have to say about violence, just war, and killing?
Does Jesus ever want his disciples to kill in order to resist evil
and promote peace and justice? This book by noted theologian and
bestselling author Ronald J. Sider provides a career capstone
statement on biblical peacemaking. Sider makes a strong case for
the view that Jesus calls his disciples to love, and never kill,
their enemies. He explains that there are never only two options:
to kill or to do nothing in the face of tyranny and brutality.
There is always a third possibility: vigorous, nonviolent
resistance. If we believe that Jesus is Lord, then we disobey him
when we set aside what he taught about killing and ignore his
command to love our enemies. This thorough, comprehensive treatment
of a topic of perennial concern vigorously engages with the just
war tradition and issues a challenge to all Christians, especially
evangelicals, to engage in biblical peacemaking. The book includes
a foreword by Stanley Hauerwas.
Stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock ETA 4-6 weeks’ are available on Backorder and will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.