There is an unspoken crisis within the evangelical church. We like
to think of the church as a haven for the hurting and broken in our
world. But what happens when it's not? Author and advocate Mary
DeMuth lends her voice to tackle the church's approach to domestic
violence, sexual abuse, and harassment. With authority and
compassion, Mary draws on her personal experience and elevates the
voices of other survivors to unpack the history of the church's
response to sexual violence. To find a new way forward, she
examines tough questions, including... How have women suffered in
the structures and hierarchies of the local church? How has the
church chosen to remain silent when confronted with evil? What
issues do women in today's congregations face? How has the
separation of the sexes fueled abuse in the church? In the midst of
the Me Too movement, the church is at a crossroads. By advocating
for a culture of listening, Mary calls on the church to cross over
to the places where people are hurting, to bind up their wounds,
and to be empowered to heal the broken.
Stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock, arrival 4-6 weeks’ are available on Backorder and will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.