With more than 225,000 copies sold, When Helping Hurts is a
paradigm-forming contemporary classic on the subject of poverty
alleviation and ministry to those in need. Emphasizing the poverty
of both heart and society, this book exposes the need that every
person has and how it can be filled. The reader is brought to
understand that poverty is much more than simply a lack of
financial or material resources and that it takes much more than
donations and handouts to solve the problem of poverty. While this
book exposes past and current development efforts that churches
have engaged in which unintentionally undermine the people they're
trying to help, its central point is to provide proven strategies
that challenge Christians to help the poor empower themselves.
Focusing on both North American and Majority World contexts, When
Helping Hurts catalyzes the idea that sustainable change for people
living in poverty comes not from the outside-in, but from the
Stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock, arrival 4-6 weeks’ are available on Backorder and will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.