Ruth, A Video Study, together with the accompanying commentary on
Ruth in the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament,
brings to light the universal scope of God's sovereignty and mercy.
With careful analysis and interpretation of the Hebrew text,
professor and scholar Daniel Block traces the flow of argument in
the book of Ruth, showing that how a biblical author says something
is just as important as what they say. Ruth is widely recognized as
a superlative literary achievement of ancient Israel. With its
sensitive portrayal of women in crisis, its admiration for a
righteous man, and its profound theology of providence, it offers
learners of every age a window into life in the ancient Near East,
inspiration for good and godly living, and reason to wonder at the
common roots of Israel's royal and messianic hope. Bridging the
historical and theological gap, Ruth, A Video Study explains how
David, the most important character in the Hebrew Bible, could
emerge from the spiritual and ethical morass of the premonarchic
period and accounts for the Moabite blood in this king's veins.
Each lecture surveys the main idea of a passage, its literary
context, an explanation of the text, and its canonical and
practical significance for us today.
Available items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
Out of stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock, arrival __+ weeks’ are available on Backorder and are either already on order from the publisher or will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.