The astonishing, Job-like story of how an existence filled with
loss, suffering, questioning, and anger became a life filled with
shocking and incomprehensible peace and joy. Vaneetha Risner
contracted polio as an infant, was misdiagnosed, and lived with
widespread paralysis. She lived in and out of the hospital for ten
years and, after each stay, would return to a life filled with
bullying. When she became a Christian, though, she thought things
would get easier, and they did: carefree college days, a dream job
in Boston, and an MBA from Stanford where she met and married a
classmate. But life unraveled. Again. She had four miscarriages.
Her son died because of a doctor's mistake. And Vaneetha was
diagnosed with post-polio syndrome, meaning she would likely become
a quadriplegic. And then her husband betrayed her and moved out,
leaving her to raise two adolescent daughters alone. This was not
the abundant life she thought God had promised her. But, as
Vaneetha discovered, everything she experienced was designed to
draw her closer to Christ as she discovered "that intimacy with God
in suffering can be breathtakingly beautiful."
Available items - Expected Delivery time:
- Auckland and surrounding areas 2 – 5 working days
- North Island 3 – 5 working days
- South Island 4 – 7 working days
- Rural Delivery 5 – 7 working days.
Out of stock items - Expected Delivery time:
- Items marked as ‘Out of Stock, arrival __+ weeks’ are available on Backorder and are either already on order from the publisher or will be ordered from our suppliers when we receive a customer order for them.
Click here for full Shipping info or contact us for any queries.